QUALIFICATIONS: We are seeking Directors for one or more of five short plays to be produced as part of the Third Annual Five & Dime Drama Collective Fall Performance Series at Main Stage in Eureka Springs on October 11-14, 2018. Experience is required. A collaborative approach to working with authors, actors and production team is essential. We are unable to provide compensation or cover travel expenses at this time.
SCHEDULE: Candidates must submit a Cover Letter of Application, a Bio, and confirmation of your availability for the schedule below to FiveAndDimeDrama@gmail.com by July 25, 2018. All scheduled activities will be at Main Stage Creative Community Center, 67 N. Main Street, in Eureka Springs, Arkansas.
- Auditions on August 9 thru August 11, afternoons and evenings, by appointment
- Script Workshops, 6:30 to 9:30 on the evenings of Monday, August 13 thru Friday, August 17
- Scheduled Rehearsals on weeknight evenings from Sept 24 thru Oct 10
- Performances on Thursday, Oct 11 (evening); Friday, Oct 12 (evening); Saturday, Oct 13 (evening); and Sunday, Oct 14 (afternoon). More shows may be added during that weekend if these shows sell out.
- Informal Rehearsals are anticipated between August 17 and Sept 24. During that time period, we would consider a proposal that includes author, director and cast holding informal rehearsals in a location closer to you if you are not in Eureka Springs.
The script solicitation is underway with a July 15th deadline. We are reviewing new (not previously produced) short dramatic performance scripts that may fit either a 10-minute format or a one act format (20-30 minutes) and will be either staged readings or productions with limited set and props. Announcement of Scripts and Directors will be made by July 31st.
ABOUT US: Five & Dime Drama Collective is a group of Eureka Springs authors, actors and artists, including Director Larry Horn and local playwright Tom Gorsuch. Kenn Woodard was recently named Executive Creative Producer. We seek new works that challenge our audiences intellectually and artistically. We do not limit content or language. At this time, we produce only work by and intended for adults, and only in English. We provide publicity throughout Northwest Arkansas and handle venue arrangements in Eureka Springs. Now in our third season, our past performances have included a full-length multimedia play, ten minute play series, a poetry slam showcase, and a lyric poem adapted to the stage. We encourage the use of varied disciplines (prose, poetry, rap) and weaving in music, movement, video, or other artistic elements.
For more information on Five & Dime, check out our website: http://FiveAndDimeDramaCollective.org/